Producer to the stars, Illmind, has unveiled his 2nd volume of his BLAP Kit series. It’s essentially a collection of drum sounds from his personal collection, meant to be shared with fellow producers the world over. And don’t think that this is just a collection of throw-aways, all of the sounds have been used in songs that he’s provided to the likes of 50 Cent and other artists.
Purchase: Illmind’s Website
Read more after the break!
I’m really excited to release Vol. 2 of my “Blap-Kit” series. Over the years I’ve collected, processed, and learned so much about drum processing and applied various techniques to my music. I’m so happy to share these sounds with you. Every drum hit contained in this kit is from actual beats that I’ve made. Most producers are reluctant to share their secrets, but my belief is that every producer is different. I want my drums to help inspire you to create amazing music. Make sure you check out BLAP KIT VOL. 1 if you haven’t already!
* Over 150 NEW drum sounds (kicks, snares, hi-hats, claps, snaps, congas & tambourines) in 16-bit/44 WAV format.
* 4 drum-break loops played by !llmind and created from actual drums, eq’d and processed.
* All drum sounds were sampled into an Ensoniq ASR-10 AND Akai S-20 at 33khz/12-bit for maximum warmth + punch!
* NO reverb or delays added make layering easy and more flexible.
* NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
* Carefully mastered “under-zero”. NO nasty “digital-clipping”.
* All drum sounds were hand-picked, created, and stripped by !llmind himself from his personal drum stash.
* Includes drum kits used on 50 Cent/!llmind produced songs such as “All His Love”, “When I Pop The Trunk”, “Stop Cryin’”, “Queens”, “Make A Movie” for the ultimate STREET CRUNCH!