Rockband Paperdoll may be most recognized by front woman Teresa Lee, and that’s one of the reasons why she’s this week’s feature on AAM. Per usual, this interview is short but it’s pretty darn humorous and an entertaining read. I can dig it when a girl’s got a biting sense of humor. Be sure to read on after the break!
Okay. It’s time to meet another Angry Reader of the Week, spotlighting you, the very special readers of this website. Over the years, I’ve been able to connect with a lot of cool folks, and this is a way of showing some appreciation and attention to the people who help make this blog what it is. This week’s Angry Reader is Teresa Lee, lead singer of PaperDoll.
Who are you?
A girl who likes to write songs.
What are you?
At this moment…70% water, 29% sweet potato, 1% whiskey
Where are you?
I want to say I’m in front of my piano writing, but… I’m on the couch watching aGolden Girls Marathon.
Where are you from?
Asian America…Where mom would cook multiple dishes for 10 of us every night and we’d all fight over who got to eat the fish eyes. Where my friends would always want to stay over for dinner and had crushes on my brothers. Where we all knew about Dragon Ball Z, Ultimate Fighting, and Power Rangers way before our neighbors did.
What do you do?
write, sing, play piano, dance around on stage
What are you all about?
PaperDoll… and Justin Bieber… I just love her
What makes you angry?
– When people throw cigarette butts on the sidewalk
– Lip syncing
– Flossing … I resent that I have to both brush and floss
– “Wine beverage” – that gross super sweet drink they sell in grocery stores with the really fancy labels, so you think it’s wine, but it’s not. I’ve been burned.
– That guy who asked me “Who writes the songs for you?” I almost junk punched him.
– Commercials for super scary movies that come on TV when I’m home alone
– The dog upstairs that scratches the hardwood floor with his super long nails every morning at 6am.
– The fact that Oprah’s leaving me